Pioneering the future of digital animated characters, IKINEMA is set to showcase their superior real-time animation tech for game developers.
FARNHAM, UK, 29 January 2019 – IKINEMA, trusted specialists in powerful real-time whole body solving animation technologies are pleased to announce today their attendance at the début of Interactive Futures games conference. IKINEMA welcomes visitors on the 1st February for live demonstrations and one-to-one meetings to help studios deliver their game on time and within budget. The conference kicks off on the 31st January to 2nd February, held in Leamington Spa – coined the UK’s ‘Silicon Spa’ for its high cluster of game development studios.
Attendees will learn how triple-A studios around the world harness IKINEMA RunTime to achieve convincing high fidelity character motion, empower their teams with modern workflows, and accelerate development time, to meet the demand for believable characters, greater immersion and deeper engagement by contemporary players of today. Award winning studios, the likes of Avalanche Studios, Deep Silver Dambuster Studios, Insomniac Games, NCSoft Corporation, NetEase Network, Rare, Sumo Digital, Square Enix, Tango Studios, and 343 Industries have empowered their teams with IKINEMA’s flexible animation solutions.
IKINEMA’s vision for next-gen game development: Style Shapes is the new ‘blend-shapes’ to create convincing body animation. Repurpose assets, customise and reuse animation in IKINEMA RunTime procedurally. Additionally, combine with In-game retargeting tool.
Victor Puente | Senior Client Partner | IKINEMA: “We’re excited to bring IKINEMA’s real-time game development technology to Interactive Futures – meeting teams face-to-face is key to understanding the unique requirements of their game styles; our advanced tech unlocks creativity and development time by equipping studios with a malleable and flexible IK system.”
Game studios and creatives will have access to live IKINEMA RunTime demonstrations, the opportunity to discuss how latest tech updates, efficient techniques and tool enhancements will ensure optimised integration and performance for their projects. IKINEMA RunTime supports game engines including Unreal Engine, Unity3D, and all custom engines.
Download your FREE copy of the IKINEMA RunTime Demo Package.
IKINEMA booth information
Pod #: B6, Main auditorium
Date: One day only – Friday, 1st February 2019
Time: 09:00 – 17:00
Book your meeting in advance:
Victor Puente | Senior Client Partner | V.Puente@IKINEMA.com
Customers choose IKINEMA RunTime because of the:
- Quick set up– ‘Out of the box’ solution. Set up in hours, versus development of bespoke IK solution
- Flexible solution – develop your own animation IP with IKINEMA’s powerful underlying technology
- Increased freedom– characters interact within complex and varied environments
- Reduced animation development time and cost up to 5x– reduce the number of animation clips needed, reuse animations
- Increased believability– full body IK manipulation and character interaction
- Game Engine Support– supports Unreal Engine, Unity, and custom engines
- Cross platform– supports Windows, Xbox One, PS4, Switch, iOS, Android, and Linux
- Modular System – drop in replacement for alternative technologies
- Dedicated support – overcome complex gameplay animation problems
- Upskill with brand new RunTime Developer Tutorials
- Re-engineered foot placement node, advanced foot lock and add on features of aim and look at behaviours
- Optimised API for custom engine integration
- Live Bridge for Unity and custom engine rig tuning
- Optimised UE4 in-engine implementation
- Improved control of limbs, expansion on solving to stretchable limbs
- Full VR rig setup and integration for custom game engines
IKINEMA RunTime procedurally animates 3D characters of any shape or size during real-time, resulting in avatars that respond with superior fidelity to the world around them, producing highest levels of life-like and natural movement with full-body immersion in VR. The middleware enables studios to significantly reduce animation assets to slash production time and cost.
Product availability: RunTime includes RunTime VR extension. Available in two license tiers: Studio and Indie. License choices available on www.IKINEMA.com. Evaluation pack request email, Store@IKINEMA.com. Full dedicated support included with Studio licenses. Integrates with Unreal Engine 4, Unity, and custom game engines. Available for platforms PC Windows, Xbox One, PS4, Switch, iOS, Android, and Linux. Learn more about @IKINEMA on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
PR and Communications contact:
Siobhán Hofma | S.Hofma@IKINEMA.com | +44 (0) 2033 189 179