FARNHAM, UK, 13 November 2018 – IKINEMA, the world leader in real-time whole body solving animation technologies, announce today their attendance for the third year at G-Star 2018, Korea’s Global Game Exhibition, Busan in November. IKINEMA invites game developers to visit their booth for live demonstrations and one-to-one meetings.
On show is IKINEMA RunTime, the number one animation middleware integrated by top game studios to achieve high fidelity organic character motion, empower teams with intelligent workflows, plus accelerate development time to deliver higher game engagement demanded by modern players today. Distinguished clients include Avalanche Studios, Insomniac Games, NCSoft Corporation, NetEase Network, Softstart Entertainment Inc., Tango Studios, and 343 Industries. The company was recently shortlisted for the prestigious annual TIGA Games Industry Awards 2018 for the category of Best Engines, Tools and Technologies.
“With IKINEMA, there’s no need to create additional animation when a terrain slopes, characters will adapt to their surroundings in real-time. Behemoths and players automatically adapt to the world around them. We are able to better attach our Behemoths to the ground, creating a better sense of physics and realism. All of this helps pull the player deeper into their experience”.
– Phoenix Labs
During the G-Star exhibition, game studios and publishers will have access to live RunTime demonstrations, including essential workshops to unveil latest updates, techniques and tool enhancements to ensure optimised integration and performance. RunTime supports all game engines including Unreal Engine, Unity3D, and custom engines.
IKINEMA booth information
Booth #: M18, first floor, Exhibition Centre 2, BEXCO
Date: BTB days, 15th – 17th November 2018
Time: 10:00 – 17:00
Book your meeting in advance:
Ahmed Elhasairi | Technical Director | A.Elhasairi@IKINEMA.com
Victor Puente | Senior Client Partner | V.Puente@IKINEMA.com
GStar@IKINEMA.com or via GStar Biz Matching System
Customers choose IKINEMA RunTime because of the:
- Quick set up– ‘out of the box’ solution. Set up in hours, versus development of bespoke IK solution
- Increased freedom– characters interact within varied environments
- Reduced animation development time and cost up to 5x– reduced animation authoring, re-use animations during gameplay
- Increased believability– full body IK manipulation and character interaction
- Game Engine Support– supports Unreal Engine, Unity, and custom engines
- Cross platform– supports Windows, Xbox One, PS4, Switch, iOS, Android, and Linux
- Modular System – drop in replacement for alternative technologies
- Dedicated support – full documentation, user videos and a named support individual
- Upskill with brand new RunTime Developer Tutorials
- Re-engineered foot placement node, advanced foot lock and add on features of aim and look at behaviours
- Optimised API for custom engine integration
- Live Bridge for Unity and custom engine rig tuning
- Optimised UE4 in-engine implementation
- Improved control of limbs, expansion on solving to stretchable limbs
- Full VR rig setup and integration for custom game engines
IKINEMA RunTime procedurally animates 3D characters of any shape or size during real-time, resulting in avatars that respond with superior fidelity to the world around them, producing highest levels of life-like and natural movement with full-body immersion in VR. The middleware enables studios to significantly reduce animation assets to slash production time and cost.
Product availability: RunTime includes RunTime VR extension. Available in two license tiers: Studio and Indie. License choices available on www.IKINEMA.com. Evaluation pack request email, Store@IKINEMA.com. Full dedicated support included with Studio licenses. Integrates with Unreal Engine 4, Unity, and custom game engines. Available for platforms PC Windows, Xbox One, PS4, Switch, iOS, Android, and Linux.
PR and Communications contact:
Siobhán Hofma | S.Hofma@IKINEMA.com | +44 (0) 2033 189 179